*Note: I was all set to get a new laptop because I was having major issues with my 2011 MBP. However, Apple fixed my problems for free, so I am not as desperate.
2. Major overhaul to Airplay on iOS (with backward support) - I hear rumors that Apple is going to add Hi Res audio support in 2016. Alongside this feature, they need a new Airport Express and iOS multiroom support. Actually, iOS already supports multiroom, they just need to add it to the operating system so multiple speakers can be chosen in the Control Center.
3. AppleTV 4 updates - Apple really needs to allow Siri control of the AppleTV from iOS or WatchOS. Also, they need to bring back the Podcast app. One of the main reason I own Apple products is because of the ecosystem. They need to fully exploit the ability to tie everything together.
4. Apple Watch/WatchOS needs more work - For example, a functional AirPlay button in "Glances" would be nice. Also, the Apple Remote app for your iTunes library doesn't have enough features and, once again, where is the Podcast app? It would also be nice to see a faster, thinner version, with better battery life and GPS.
5. iPad Air 3 that works with the Apple Pencil. I think the iPad Pro may* be too big to use as my main tablet, but a 9.7 inch iPad that works with the pencil would be great! Also, a keyboard cover would be fantastic. In other words, Pro options in a smaller iPad.
*Note: I haven't seen an iPad Pro at this point, so I guess the size may be okay, but 9.7 has always felt like the perfect size for media consumption while lounging on the couch.
6. Canon Full Frame mirrorless camera that competes with Sony. Man, I love the A7 RII, but it would be a pain to have to use an adapter ( to get access to more lenses) and convert to a new system. However, the Sony is so drool-worthy, I have thought about it more than once. Canon really needs to get in gear and give people what they want before it is more painful to stay with them than to leave.
7. Apple Music Casting support - they have put Apple Music on Android and Sonos. They need to add (Chrome) Casting, which is similar to Sonos, but cheaper and will eventually support Hi Res and multiroom playback ( if it isn't supporting these features yet).
8. Hybrid iOS/OS X device. I have written about this in the past and I would preorder this type of combo device if Apple just made it available. I won't be holding my breath, though. There may be a better chance of getting that hovercraft I mentioned earlier.
9. Apple mirrorless camera - can you imagine what would happen if you took Apple's software and combined it with DSLR removable lenses? If they teamed up with Canon, they would have access to affordable lenses and combined with their tech, it could be the most "magical" camera in the history of the world.
10. Affordable 4K projectors with HDR - the way prices are falling on 4K TVs, I am hoping this finds its way to the projector market. Let's be honest, you need a huge screen to take advantages of the extra resolution of 4K in most living rooms. Right now, we are still using a 100 inch tripod screen with our 1080p Epson, but I would have a screen mounted if a decent $1000 4K projector made its way to the market.
Well, there it is. These are the top ten things I want to see. I could probably put another 100 things on this list, but these were the first that came to mind. What are your tech wishes?