What are some of your favorite apps for the iPad? Here are a few of mine with a brief explanation:
1. MOG - I have written about it before, but they added an iPad specific app and made it even better. For around $10 a month you get access to millions of songs. The iPad app looks sweet and the sound over wifi is great at 320kpbs.
2. Zinio - My favorite magazine app.
3. Splashtop HD - take control of a computer and the sound can be sent to the iPad.
4. Zite - "Personalized Magazine" that lets you check off your favorite topics and it will create a magazine with articles from the news and blogs that suit your taste.
5. Downcast - You can pick out podcasts (audio or video) and they can be shared across devices.
6. Nightstand - Gives you the time and weather. It lets you dim the display by sliding your fingers up or down.
7. iPhoto - I love Photostream because I can take a pic with my iPhone and it shows up on my Macs and iPad. I can then edit the photos right in iPhoto.
8. Slingplayer - You need a Slingbox to use this app, but it allows you to stream video from whatever you have plugged into the Slingbox to your iPad. I use it with Directv and with an over the air antenna. If we have weather so bad that Directv doesn't come in, I can usually pic up programming using the OTA antenna.
9, Kindle Cloud Reader - You have to download this "app" from Amazon's website, but it gives you access to their store. The Kindle app in the App Store does not allow you to purchase books, but the Cloud Reader does.
10. Rowmote Pro - This is great if you have a computer hooked up to your TV, but don't want to keep a keyboard and mouse near the couch. I have a Mac Mini in a separate room that has HDMI running through the wall into my home theater system. This makes it easy to control the mini right from the app.
11. Remote - Access your computer's iTunes Library and lets you send it to Apple TVs or other Airplay devices. It also has a feature to allow the user to control Apple TVs.
12. Netflix - Looks great on the new iPad.
13. Flipboard/Pulse Reader - I put these together since they do the same thing...access blogs, news, Facebook, and Twitter..but do it in a different way.
14. Aquarium - a cool aquarium app
15. SiriusXM - My favorite thing about this app is that it lets you create a page of favorite stations. It will show the album covers of what is currently playing and you can simply push on the cover and it will switch to that channel.
16. Audiotap - stream your lossless music library in original format.
17. iHeartRadio - listen to music from everywhere
18, jazzradio - gives you tons of commercial free choices like Trumpet, Sax, Classic, etc... It is an iPhone app, but I still use it quite a bit on the iPad.
19. USA Today - A great free way to get the propaganda for the day.
20. There are still a lot of apps I like..TWC, Twitter, Airvideo, etc.. so I will just leave this on
Dog loving, Big Green Egg worshiping, Tech enthusiast, residing in Memphis, TN. Home of the Tigers, Grizzlies, Elvis, Al Green, Stax, Hi Records, Ardent Studios, Beale Street, Peabody Ducks, etc..
Flickr pics below